Friday, January 9, 2009

Irresistible Temptation

I have told myself this year I need to be better with my money. I need to save as much as possible, especially being so concerned with all of the newscast reporting on the poor economy. Another thing I have told myself is that I am going to be more organized this year with everything, home, work, etc. I am in desperate need of some sort of storage in my home office/sewing room, and how do I get organized without storage??

Well, I was on a simple mission, which was to purchase my friend a birthday gift. I knew exactly what I was going to get, and exactly where I was going to get it. I was on my way. I had heard of a store that had second hand furniture, I thought that would be perfect, I will just pull in really quick before heading to the store I really need to go to, because organization is also important, right??

I walked in, and the first thing I saw had my complete attention!!! It was a beautiful set of dishes that were screaming for me to come over and take a look at them. I also spotted a sign that said all glassware & dishware were 50% off, with the exception of consignment items. The plates were marked $5.00 each, and the platter was marked $49.00. I asked the lady that worked there if the dishes that I found so charming were 50% off, and she said no, they are 75% off. I was beside myself….. That meant each plate was $1.25, and the platter was $12.25. I did not have to think twice about purchasing them!! I grabbed six plates and the platter for a grand total of $21.38. I was thrilled......

They have two stamps on the back of them, one marked Bridgwood England, and the other Oxford St London (Old Chelsea). Here they are:






I love them, they are so pretty............

Nicole ~

5 comments:

Tracy said...

Wow, what a great bargain! They are beautiful, enjoy them!

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Oh my!! What a steal! You'd be crazy not to have gotten them!!! Gorgeous!...Debbie

Kristens Creations said...

Hi Nicole, Thanks for stopping by to take a look at the frames. I appreciate your nice compliments! What gorgeous plates you bought and what a steal! LOVE them! That's kind of like those vases I bought, would have been crazy to pass them up! Kristen

Anonymous said...

Nicole, you are a blogging machine!
Your favorite cousin

A Southern Rose said...

I know that I could not have passed these dishes up! They are beautiful! You lucky girl!

Hugs,
Lee Laurie