Sunday, January 4, 2009

Wine Bottle Light

Some time ago a good friend of mine told me about a cute idea she had seen, and asked me to create a replica for her. It was a wine bottle made into a decorative light piece.

You will need the following items: An empty wine bottle or any other type of bottle you have on hand, craft lights, raffia or ribbon, faux grapes & a cork. Make sure you get the lights that do no have an extension end to add another set of lights because you will not be able to stuff that into the bottle. It would make it even cuter if you have any other type of embellishments to add to it.

Below is a sample of the items you can use:

First, you stuff all of the lights into the bottle. Then, you add the raffia or ribbon around the neck of the bottle. Make sure you tighten the knot around the cord of the lights, so that you can hide it in the back. Lastly, you tie the grapes and cork on top or to the side of the raffia.

Here is the light I made for myself, and put in my kitchen:

This is a really simple, cute idea, and makes a really great gift.

Nicole ~

7 comments:

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Oh Nicole...What a cute idea!! I've never seen one like that! I'm going to go dig that wine bottle out of the trash right now!!! Don't worry...I just put it in! lol Have a great week!...Debbie

Tracy said...

Hi Nicole,

Your light turned out great! I love the red chair you painted - that color is perfect, doesn't look too red at all. Thanks for looking at my blog. Have a great Monday!

Shannon said...

Cute idea!!

As for a cloche....have you looked at Kirklands or TJ Maxx? Sometimes they have them.

Unknown said...

Hi Nicole,
Everything looks really great. I love the chair. It will look great on your porch. Can't wait to see what you come up with next...Lisa

lvroftiques said...

Hi Nicole!! Welcome to blogville! And thank you for stopping by for a visit! I'm a new blogger too. I love this idea!! How cute!! Can't wait to read more from you!*winks* Vanna

Cynthia's Cottage Design said...

Hi Nicole,

What a great idea! Thanks for sharing it! and I see that familiar cake stand too :) thats so funny! A friend of mine gave it to me for my birthday and I've loved it so much!

Thanks for stopping in and leaving such sweet comments! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!Hugs, Cynthia

Anonymous said...

This past weekend was my birthday and Nicole gave me a wine bottle light! I LOVE it! Thanks again and again!! Tracie